Enjoy excellent comfort and advanced support with the GEL-KAYANO 27 running shoe. The redesigned mesh upper helps keep feet cool, while the sole is more flexible to help promote a more natural roll through the gait cycle. This starts in the heel with added flex grooves that assist in isolating initial impact to force a softer and smoother feeling at footstrike. At midstance, the foot should stop pronating and re-supinate for an efficient toe-off. To help this natural motion, we incorporate DYNAMIC DUOMAX technology to help support the foot and increase stability for runners whose feet roll inward too much (overpronate).
The midsole also integrates SPACE TRUSSTIC technology, which provides stability and reduces the overall weight to help promote a smoother transition from foot strike to toe-off. This added stability is complemented by deeper forefoot flex grooves for a smoother roll through toe-off, allowing the shoe to move more naturally with the foot. Lastly, a large section of reflective materials in the rearfoot helps keep runners visible when running in low-light conditions. The GEL-KAYANO 27 model is an excellent choice for both competitive and noncompetitive runners looking for an everyday trainer that combines comfort with support.
The deformable shape helps absorb and disperse shock evenly throughout.
Engineered Jacquard Mesh Upper
More space between the fibers to reduce weight and enhance breathability.
Dynamic DuoMax Support System
This evolution of DuoMax system enhances stability and support, with reduced weight and increased platform support.
|Find the Right Fit||EVORIDE||GEL-CUMULUS 22||GEL-QUANTUM INFINITY||GT-2000 8||GEL-KAYANO 27|
|Pronation||UNDERPRONATION (Supination)||UNDER, NEUTRAL||NEUTRAL||OVER, NEUTRAL||OVERPRONATION|
|How Your Foot Contacts the Ground||The outer side of the heel hits the ground at an increased angle with little or no normal pronation, causing a large transmission of shock through the lower leg.||The foot lands on outside of the heel, then rolls inward (pronates) to absorb shock and support body weight.||The foot lands on outside of heel, then rolls inward (pronates) excessively, transferring weight to inner edge instead of ball of the foot.|
|Push Off||The pressure is on smaller toes on outside of foot.||There is even distribution from the front of the foot.||Big toe and second toe do majority of the work|
|Foot Type||High arches||Normal arches||Low arches|
- Rubber sole
- Rearfoot and Forefoot GEL Technology Cushioning System - Attenuates shock during impact and toe-off phases, and allows movement in multiple planes as the foot transitions through the gait cycle.
- FlyteFoam Propel Technology - ASICS energetic foam formulation that provides supreme bounce thanks to a unique elastomer compound.
- FlyteFoam Midsole Technology - Our FlyteFoam technology provides exceptional bounce back and responsiveness no matter the distance, utilizing organic super fibers to help reduce packing out that traditionally happens with softer, low density foams.
- Dynamic DuoMax Support System - This evolution of DuoMax system enhances stability and support, with reduced weight and increased platform support.
- Engineered Mesh Upper - Multi-directional mesh material improves ventilation and stability.