Eighteen years in the making, the legacy of ASICS hallowed gel-cumulus® 18 shoe now features convergence gel® technology. For improved comfort and an unprecedented ride, our rearfoot gel® cushioning technology is placed closer to the foot to replicate the comfort of your foot’s natural tissue, increasing function and shock dissipation.
In 1949, Mr. Kihachiro Onitsuka began his athletic footwear company (Onitsuka Co., Ltd.) by manufacturing basketball shoes out of his living room in Kobe, Japan. He chose the name ASICS for his company in 1977, based on a famous Latin phrase "Anima Sana In Corpore Sano," which, when translated, expresses the ancient ideal of "A Sound Mind in a Sound Body." Taking the acronym of this phrase, ASICS was founded on the belief that the best way to create a healthy and happy lifestyle is to promote total health and fitness. Today, ASICS offers a full line of performance-driven athletic shoes and technical active sports apparel and accessories dedicated to bringing harmony to the body and soul.
- Rubber sole
- mpact Guidance System (I.G.S) (Running) : ASICS design philosophy that employs linked componentry to enhance the foot's natural gait from heel strike to toe-off.
- FluidRide: FluidRide Â provides the ultimate combination of bounce back and cushioning properties with reduced weight and exceptional durability.
- GORE-TEX Upper: Waterproof and breathable upper designed to protect the foot during extreme weather conditions.
- Rearfoot and Forefoot GEL Cushioning Systems: Attenuates shock during impact and toe-off phases, and allows movement on multiple planes as the foot transitions through the gait cycle.
- Guidance Trusstic: This Trusstic System: Â integrates Guidance Line construction for enhanced gait efficiency while providing midfoot structural integrity.