The Asics GEL Venture is a neutral shoe. Neutral shoes are a cross between minimalist shoes and stability shoes. These shoes adopt the lower heel to toe drops that are a common feature of barefoot shoes but have the cushioning technologies of the stability ones. Neutral shoes are non-traditional and they work perfectly for runners who want to pursue barefoot running in the future. It provides a steady platform and medial support to keep the feet from rolling outward while on the move. The outward roll movement of the foot can cause injury or pain if ignored. It has shoe technologies made for both the road and trail. Its AHAR outsole provides superb grip and traction on a variety of surfaces, but the Trail Specific treading pattern is helpful in cross country marathons.
- Outer sole made of High Abrasion Rubber.
- Midsole made from minimal cushioning technologies.
- Upper made up of breathable open mesh.
- Trail Specific treading pattern featuring reversed lugs.
- Rear GEL technology to help with shock absorption.